There is a balance between mind and body, as sound body in a sound mind is most essential. Relaxation decreases the stress on mind and on our body. Hence relaxation helps to maintain balance between the two.
In our busy day to day work/study life relaxation plays an important role to help us in:
- Decreased heart rate and respiration rate
- Lowered blood pressure and increased blood flow
- Decrease in anxiety, depression and insomnia
- Relaxed muscles
- Reduced pain (long-term illnesses, chronic conditions)
- A boost in energy and better sleep patterns
- A sense of calmness and confidence
- mproved coping abilities
Unfortunately, many people see leisure time as something to sacrifice in exchange for productivity. When they’ve reached a breaking point, they take a vacation or flop onto the couch because they need some relief. But relaxation should be part of a holistic approach to wellness. When you make time for yourself, you hit the reset button and allow your body to come into balance. If you’re working to maintain or improve your health, don’t neglect the power of relaxation.